How We Harvest
Once the honey maturates inside the hives, the beekeepers take the honey frames out, moving them to the extraction center; uncapping them; and placing them in a spinner.
The extracted honey will then be put in stain steel barrels.
After 10 days of rest, the beekeeper will find his final product: a pure honey ready to be filled in jars.
MIEL DU LEVANT distinguishes itself from the local market since it provides a pure honey certified at 0% of sucrose due to the displacement technique (moving the hives 4 times a year) along with its capacity of staying away from the bees’ natural nutrition.
What Are the Honey Genres
There are two big honey genres:
• The nectar honey such as the orange and thistle honey which are based with flowers’ nectar. It crystallizes 3 to 12 months after its harvest.
• The honeydew honey such as the cedars, oaks, and forest honey. It almost never crystallizes.
The time for crystallization and its texture depends on the honey type itself. It is a pure and natural honey which is better consumed on a toast.
What Makes Honey Organic
• A harvesting zone with a 3 km spoke far from pollution
• Antibiotics free hives used for prevention or cure
• A natural honey; not extracted warmly
The majority of Lebanese consumers think that when honey is raw and crystallized, it’s good for trash. Well, this is completely untrue.